Monday, June 13, 2005

Dean Vs. Bolton(New York Times, Letters to the Editor--6/13/05)

I was thrilled to see the debate in the New York Times today over something Dean said this week.
In future postings I may defend or explain Dean sayings, especially if they've been taken out of context.
Dean himself is now so used to being taken out of context that he explained several such instances to Tim
Russert on Meet the Press(NBC: 5/23/05) without even batting an eye. Much less furious than I'd be.
One of his recent sayings concerned social security and I have been woefully late getting to that here.

I blush to say I have not read this week's speech, that the letters are talking about, but I'll definitely check out the Times archives when I get a chance.

But as for comparing the outspoken Dean to the rudeness of John Bolton, as someone did in a letter to the NY Times
editorial page today, Dean is a thousand times nicer, and a thousand times more tolerant of dissenting opinion than that sorry candidate for U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Oh, did he get confirmed yet?

What angers Dean is bad action, not opinion, where thinking people and even non-thinking people may disagree.
Dean wanted to be the president for everyone, not as Bush 43: the president of the parts of the U.S. that were won through
a combination of vote-fraud and also undemocratic partisan gerrymandering(especially in Texas). What Bush 43 won
by hoodwinking the people TWICE is not something I'm going into here, right now.

No comments: